Logistic Support to the Working Group of the Global Counterterrorism Forum Conference
- € 50.000 - € 75.000
- Country: Ethiopia
The Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF) is an initiative which aims to strengthen international counterterrorism cooperation. It is an action oriented coordination forum intending to mobilise commitments and capacity to combat terrorism. The GCTF is co-chaired by the United States and Turkey and provides a venue for national CT officials and practitioners to meet with their counterparts from key countries and different regions, share experiences and expertise, best practice and strategies and capacity building programmes. The GCTF consists of a strategic coordinating committee, a small administrative unit and five thematic and regional expert driven groups.
The inaugural meeting of GCTF Horn of Africa Group took place on 8 - 10 February 2012 in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania. It was agreed that the second meeting of the Horn of Africa Group would take place within a year of the first meeting. The EU and Turkey Co Chairs of the group have agreed to host this meeting on 5 - 6 March 2013 in Addis Ababa Ethiopia.
The objective of this assignment was to assist with the logistic preparations and organisation of this conference in Addis Ababa Ethiopia.
Tasks organized by T&T Executive SA included:
- Travel Arrangements
- Visa Arrangements
- Management and payment of daily allowances to the eligible participants and completion of the necessary paperwork
- Providing local assistance in the form of local stewards
- Interpretation services
- Accommodation reservations
- Conference room reservations
- Provide a secretariat service in the form of an additional staffed
- ‘operations office’ for the duration of the conference and hiring the appropriate meeting room.
- Rental of appropriate conference equipment
- Welcoming participants upon arrival to the airport and accompanying them back as well as arranging transfers from the airport to the hotel and vice versa
- Provide catering services for the duration of the conference
- Provide printings required
- Providing one contact person for administrative matters and one Event Coordinator